Every success that you will have hinges on the productive and meaningful relationship. That happens to be my strength: inspiring and maintaining great relationships. It’s about active listening, high EQ, reaching and motivating. No two individuals are the same and every situation is different so I need to bring my best to every challenge. Blessed with a significant dose of ‘common sense’, I see every problem as an opportunity.
Experience In the Last Four Decades
- Close to 40 years of working for some of the leading schools in the UK and Canada including Merchiston Castle School (1979-1983), The Edinburgh Academy (1983- 1986), Brentwood College School (1986-1993), and Shawnigan Lake School (1993-2018) as Deputy Head (7 years) then Headmaster (18 years)
- Led the successful development of Shawnigan’s Vision, Pathways and Prevailing Culture
- Spearheaded the Shawnigan fundraising and campaign efforts which raised $75m in the last 18 years
- Closely involved in the development and dynamics of the Board of Governors
- President of the Independent Schools of British Columbia for five years
- CAIS Board member for three years
- CAIS Faculty member for Leadership Institute for the last 8 years teaching aspiring Heads and new Heads about “Money and Managing Change”
- Chaired a number of CAIS Accreditation ‘School Improvement’ visits for schools
- Chair of the Canadian Boarding Collective (CBC) for 5 years (2012-2108)
- Board of Rugby Canada for 5 years (2007-2012)
- Maintained familiarity with many independent schools across the continent and around the world
- Lifelong learner and networker in education, philanthropy and coaching
- Currently on the Board of UNICEF Canada
- Deliverer of countless speeches and presentations!